Mangaka: Masashi Kishimoto Title: Arrival At The Main Battle Ground Rating: 7.5/10
Synopsis: A HA! The moment we’ve all been waiting for! (not really). Who was the mysterious person who appeared on the battlefield last week?? *Drum roll* ……NARUTO! This week he fights alongside Gaara for the first time (kyaa! Gaara-sama!) against Mū, the second Tsuchikage (Ōnoki’s teacher – the old dude with the bad back). Naruto uses Gaara’s sand to propel himself towards Mū with some kind of orbiting-planet, rasengan-thing. Ho ho ho! Your jutsu isn’t faster than MY jutsu Naruto! Wait…no! It’s….IMPOSSIBLE! Dear oh dear… planet-y rasengan all up in that.
To wrap it all off, Ōnoki uses his Earth Element Sinking Rock Technique to completely immobilize his past mentor. Mū’s last words are swallowed up by Gaara’s sand. What was he going to say?! Naruto starts throwing compliments all over the place and Gaara has a hissy fit over the fact that the yellow haired Jinchuuriki is on the battlefield when he should be in hiding. Meanwhile, the clam guy stills stands. No one was able to take him down. Now he is all alone…with no one to talk to, *sigh.
Scene switch! Temari and her team are still having problems with the Third Raikage! Apparently, he went up against 10,000 enemies in the past BY HIMSELF, and lasted 3 days and three nights…and last week Temari thought she had him. Silly girl. They’ll need another wind element user to take him down but Temari is the only one! Oh no! Who will show up to save the day?!! (read the chapter) Meanwhile, a certain princess has finally decided to “come out”….find out all about it below!
Likes: Can you believe it? A rating of 7.5/10?? Actually, I’m not feeling very well at the moment so….go figure. This week we weren’t bored to tears with lengthy sentimental nonsense. Woohoo! Let’s see, what else, the clam dude (the 2nd Mizukage) finally made me chuckle a little, standing there all by himself and so forth. Um, the little anecdote about the third Raikage was cool, but we’re not seeing him doing anything to back up his insane awesomenes, and now you-know-who has showed up and will probably take him down with ease. I guess the little back story will be the only evidence of his greatness -_- (<- this should be in the dislikes section shouldn’t it…) And, even though I really hate him, I was happy to see the return of the whiny-bitch (the mu§e called him that today). F-i-n-a-l-l-y! And I wonder what Mū was going to say…
Dislikes: As a friend of mine said on Facebook today, Naruto has all this power, and all he keeps doing is Ransengan moves. Rasengan this, rasengan that, rasengan something-or-the-other. Do something else damn you! lol… His constant use of Rasengans has gotten boring. We’re tired of it. Masashi needs to work on some new non-rasengan techniques. His cloak-y Fox Mode thing is still lame, to me. I am not impressed. I prefer Naruto in Sage Mode. I can’t think of anything else I did not like, did I miss anything? What did you like/dislike?
More Chapter Ratings:
mu§e: A very reluctant 6.5/10 – Wow, a decent-ish chapter. And I use the world decent-ish very lightly. Things seem to at least be moving and they did have some flashy moves, although I wasn’t very impressed. Basically the same old Naruto with the same old moves. When are they EVER going to upgrade his technique? I love the rasengan and all, it’s golden, it’s what should’ve beat Sasuke a LONG time ago…but seriously, freshen it up a bit. I’m sick and tired of the variations. It is kool that he is coming in and sweeping out all those possessed dead people. Errr, previous raikage was pretty cool with his epic stance and history. Anddd I hate Sasuke so let’s not talk about his entrance before I’m tempted to downgrade my rating to a 6/10 or less. I am just really fed up with this war.
Toddlers And Tiaras Episode 553: Winning the coveted title of ‘Princess’ is not enough to win hearts it seems, as revealed in this week’s episode of T & T. A grave misunderstanding has ended in Princess Sasuke’s broken heart, after going to the altar at a wedding that was meant for Uzumaki Naruto and longtime sweetheart, Hyūga Hinata. A source who wishes to remain anonymous claims that Kabuto is responsible for the mix up. It’s a very sad day for the Uchiha. However, Orochimaru can now breathe a sigh of relief.
HERE’S YOUR CHANCE TO REVIEW NARUTO!
1. In NO MORE THAN 600 words (no less than 250), review your most/least favourite arc EVER of Naruto for a chance to have it posted on §uper Manga Fighters GO! Give your review an appropriate title and include the volume number if possible.
2. Briefly describe what the arc is about and explain why it’s so awesome or full of balrog excrement (i.e. full of crap – for all you sad non-lotr fans).
3. Include your personal rating of the arc out of 10. Instead of your real first name create a cool/creative alias beginning with the letter S (example: Seraph. It could be somewhere in the middle as well, like muSe or jeSter)
4. Also! At the end of your review tell us who your favourite/least favourite character is and briefly explain why this character is so badass, dunce, funny, amazing, annoying etc (this is included in the 600 word limit).
5. Include an impressive fan art image from Deviant Art of your featured character and remember to say who the artist is so that we can look it up. We can’t have you taking credit for other people’s stuff.
6. We tolerate MILD foul mouthed-ness. We do not tolerate incoherent, rambling nonsense. Think before you type, but have lots of fun with it!
7. Read over your review to check for spelling/grammatical errors.
8. Confused? Drop a comment below and I’ll try my best to help.
9. Send your review to ->>> firstname.lastname@example.org. And that’s it.
Read Previous Naruto Review: Chapter 552
DISCLAIMER: SMFG! owns nothing here. Story and Art: Masashi Kishimoto. Purchase Naruto Volumes: VIZ Media. SasuNaru Fan Art found on Photobucket (Ceel)